Dear Parents/Guardians of students in Rutland Area Schools,
You and your student(s) are invited to the 2nd Annual Rutland Community Learning Forum on January 31st 6:00 - 7:30 pm at Rutland Senior Secondary School in the gymnasium.
This is your opportunity to network with Principals, Vice-Principals, Teachers and students from the Rutland Family of schools as they come together at RSS to demonstrate the learning, inquiry and innovation that is occuring in all Rutland schools.
You will have the opportunity to learn, ask questions and provide feedback regarding:
• learning activities designed to meet the requirements of the newly implemented BC Curriculum;
• the Framework for Enhancing Student Learning and the School Community Learning Planning process
• the OECD 7 Principles of Learning and the Innovative Learning Environment Project;
• the District’s plan for Communicating Student Learning;
• District programs including Career Life Programs and Aboriginal Education.
In addition, representatives from 13 community agencies that support Rutland students will be participating in the community forum to connect with parents and discuss their services.
On behalf of the Rutland Family of Schools, I would like to extend a personal invitation to you and your student(s) to participate in this exciting community learning form.
Assistant Superintendent supporting the Rutland Family of Schools